The application was initially built on Azure after which it was moved to AWS. The software packages used are all the same as that referred to at MMLC-Azure. The infrastructure now has changed to AWS and the application as a whole has been dockerized.
Summarizing the notes from the link above :
We have 2 components, the Web application and the API.
- API : Built on Sails. This generates the specified modalities for a given equation. It utilizes MathJax and the Speech Rules Engine. This then stores the data in a MongoDB database.
- Web Application : This is built using Backbone and makes use of the API for generating the different modalities.
MongoDB - 2.6.11
Node - 4
Sails - 0.11.5
Backbone - 1.1.2
Sails-mongo - 0.10.9
Sails-disk - 0.10.0
redis - 2.8.21
- Server crashing sometimes when a very large file is uploaded for the HTML5 upload.
- Server throwing a 503 error stating that the "Backend is at capacity". This happens on a single equation conversion. And it seems to work fine after a while.
- While trying to do the Node upgrade to 6.9.4, we saw sails-mongo errors. This lead to the application eternally crashing and not being able to come back up. For now we have reverted back to Node 4.