The working group has brought these properties to a stable state, where we agree that these are the minimum useful set of properties for the discoverability of accessible content. As such, we have begun our submission to schema.org. The process for doing this is outlined at the top of the W3C's schema.org page.
- http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals (we're at the top of the first table on the page, as we're the most recent news)
- The announcement email to schema.org has been sent.
- Ongoing dialog on the properties will take place on both the firstname.lastname@example.org W3C mailing list and our Google groups list. While comments are taken anywhere, the Google group list (the discussion group is now available on the a11ymetadata.org site as well) is the preferred path.
A number of other things have been done for this:
- Posting the properties and examples in a more presentable form on http://a11ymetadata.org/
- IMS Global, as the submitting organization, has a webpage at http://a11ymetadata.imsglobal.org/. As of April 9, there was still editorial work being done on the page, but it should be completed today.
Links to significant progress, whether emails or links, will be added here as the specification moves through the review and adoption process within schema,.org.